Thursday, September 25, 2014

San Diego Yarn Crawl (part 2)

Ok guys, here is my precious SD Yarn Crawl catch:

1. Frog Tree's Meriboo (70% merino, 30% bamboo). I had used  Frog Tree's sock yarn and was pretty impressed with quality, but not the yardage. 275 yards for 3.5 ounces were too little for my sock project. I had about 2'' piece of yarn left, which almost gave me a heart attack.

2. Curly cloud of Plymouth Yarn's Rainshadow.

3. I don't know why haven't paid attention to the Malabrigo Yarn before. Probably because I wasn't such a big fan of hand dyed yarn en masse. Well, now I am totally converted. This two babies exist just only on the picture - I already knitted a couple of hats out of them.

4. Tahki's Lana - Italian organic merino. Nice body and beautiful subtle hue of beige.

5. Berroco's Folio - alpaca/rayon blend. Marked as sport, but feels more like fingering to me. Irresistible denim color and generous yardage.

6. Nice and heavy Araucania's Toconao (100% merino) should look incredible in cable knits.

7. Chunky alpaca/bamboo in airy chainette: Plymouth Yarn's Chalet.

8. And this is incredible Baah Yarn's La Jolla. It was almost impossible to choose one skein but I did it!

9. Another Berroco's yarn - Lustra. I wanted to try this one on for some time and now I'm going to.


10. Scrumptious Spud & Chloe wool/cotton mix. Lovely natural colors and great stitch definition.

11. Another alpaca! Plymouth Yarn's Alpaca Prima – soft and squishy.

12. Alpaca/wool/silk blend. I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone with this color. 

13. The Simpler Time Alpaca Farm finds. Left tweedy one is luxurious baby alpaca/angora blend.

14. I bought a bunch of short (16'') circular needles. Needed some time to get used to them, but by the time I finished the first hat I loved them with all my hart. Speed is definitely improving.


15. Freebies!


And there is my lovely stash in all it's beauty:

No comments:

Post a Comment